Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Pi Linux Benchmarks Would You Like To See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pi Linux Benchmarks Would You Like To See?

Phoronix: What Pi Linux Benchmarks Would You Like To See?

First up, I'm currently in the process of running benchmarks on the Raspberry Pi Zero and expect to have those initial results later today or tomorrow for this $5 USD ARM development board...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Storage would be interesting, usb and sd (and sata for those boards that have it). Also network performance.

Comment

(accidental double post, ignore this)
      Last edited by elliotpotts; 04 December 2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see some gpu/video benchmarks using the open source driver. I'd like to see some power benchmarks as well - what power does it draw idle, under load, etc.

Comment

Personally I'm more interested in the status of the development VC4 driver. Does it allow one to run Gnome or Gnome Wayland? What is working or still broken?

Comment

All realated to server: network, cpu, storage, power consumption.
            Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

I'd be very interested to see a filesystem performance comparison on that wee CPU:

FAT32, exFAT, F2FS, XFS, EXT2, EXT4, XFS without journal, EXT4 without journal.
              All run on both a partition on the Pi's SD card* and again on a USB mounted SSD. Particular attention to CPU burden.

Would also be interesting to see some of the various FS compression options added to those tests, to examine the bus-throughput vs CPU-overhead tradeoff on this comparatively bus and CPU bound system...

*Assuming it's possible to boot a Pi from a card with multiple partitions - don't own one (yet) so don't know.
              Last edited by Dick Palmer; 04 December 2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I would like to add my vote for uSD card testing--both with the onboard uSD interfaces and USB attached ones. I know it'll be a PITA as the differences between uSD cards would invalidate any direct comparisons--as the link Pander posts points out--so you'd pretty much have to reuse the same card--unless you were very confident that you got multiple cards that are truely identical. I've seen variation between cards with the same batch code, so this might not be very practical.

My standard CPU benchmark for these little bards is "openssl speed". Sadly, it's a test of wether the distro set the right build flags half of the time.

Thank you, Michael.

Comment

Graphics, even if it's some ancient game/benchmark or Xonotic or whatever. If it could be matched against some video cards that used to have similar power, even better.

Comment

Working...
                  X