Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaBIOS 1.9 Brings Many Additions

Phoronix: SeaBIOS 1.9 Brings Many Additions

SeaBIOS 1.9 has been out since last month as the latest version of this open-source implementation of a 16-bit x86 BIOS widely used by Coreboot, QEMU, and other projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

SeaBIOS seems like a really good BIOS. It is too bad it wasn't more mature a decade or two ago.

Comment

Any news about virtual UEFI firmware for QEMU/KVM etc?

Comment

It could be possible to upgrade own bios by this sort of bios!? it would be a huge improvement for many legacy platforms limited becaus of old datas.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
          Already available, I can't remember the name of it though... I know a lot of people who do VFIO GPU Pass-Through gaming use KVM's UEFI boot mode. Maybe check around the VFIO mailing list / Arch forums
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
            OVMF is the name I believe you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
              It could be possible to upgrade own bios by this sort of bios!? it would be a huge improvement for many legacy platforms limited becaus of old datas.
              Also for OEM motherboards with a dumbed down BIOS. All the settings and overclocking unlocked.

Comment

Working...
              X