Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Xeon E3-1245 v5 Skylake Linux Benchmarks Are Forthcoming

Phoronix: Intel Xeon E3-1245 v5 Skylake Linux Benchmarks Are Forthcoming

Next week I'm building my first Intel Xeon Skylake system and will be running a number of tests of this processor prior to commissioning it for a new LinuxBenchmarking.com performance tracker...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, do you have an i7-6700k laying around? Could see if there's any real difference between the two CPU's. If you don't, I wouldn't mind re-installing Fedora on my machine and running equal tests here.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
      Michael, do you have an i7-6700k laying around? Could see if there's any real difference between the two CPU's. If you don't, I wouldn't mind re-installing Fedora on my machine and running equal tests here.
      Unfortunately still don't have a 6700K.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Crucial 4GB Single DDR4-2133 ECC Registered
        Registered? The E3 Xeons take unbuffered memory, as Supermicro's page for the X11SSH-LN4F confirms. I think you pasted the wrong link.

Comment

Originally posted by adk24 View Post
          Registered? The E3 Xeons take unbuffered memory, as Supermicro's page for the X11SSH-LN4F confirms. I think you pasted the wrong link.
          Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. When working too much, overlooked it as Amazon's search system failed and accidentally got registered RAM. The correct order is now: CT7982103 CT2K16G4WFD8213.000 32GB UPGRADE FOR A SUPERMICRO X11SSH-LN4F SYSTEM
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I wonder if this is the right board for benchmarking the integrated graphics unit. From what I see it only has a VGA output.
            Other boards like the Supermicro X11SAE-M come with HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI. But I do not understand why these boards also have a Aspeed AST2400 graphics unit built-in if one wants to utilize the Intel one.
            Last edited by fiete; 07 December 2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiete View Post
              I wonder if this is the right board for benchmarking the integrated graphics unit. From what I see it only has a VGA output.
              Other boards like the Supermicro X11SAE-M come with HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI. But I do not understand why these boards also have a Aspeed AST2400 graphics unit built-in if one wants to utilize the Intel one.
              ooo good find. I was disappointed about the board having a VGA port and seemed like it was that way for most of the Supermicro LGA-1151 boards. I hadn't seen the X11SAE-M-O until now. I was just able to cancel my other board order and so placed an order for the X11SAE-M-O. Thanks. Yeah, not sure about the AST vs. HD Graphics situation of what happens.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Thanks Michael,
                Please when you build your Xeon Skylake system, can you share us all the components u use? Because I will build my own system with similar config.

Thanks,
                Farol

Comment

I am really interested in the idle power consumption and would be VERY happy to see some numbers.

Comment

It would be very nice to see some ZFS on Linux benchmarks, I've been waiting a few weeks for that after the last ZFS updates that were supposed to have sped up the file system on Linux. Any idea when that might be? This would be the perfect board for testing this...

Comment

Working...
                    X