Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.5 Officially Released

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.5 Officially Released

KDE Plasma 5.5 has been officially released!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if OpenSuse Leap will update to kde 5.5, because the default 5.4 is a bit buggy.

Comment

they will, with the next service pack, aka. leap 42.2. If you want it sooner you will have to use the Rolling Tumbleweed Distro.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
        they will, with the next service pack, aka. leap 42.2. If you want it sooner you will have to use the Rolling Tumbleweed Distro.
        That's incredibly unlikely, given that the minor versions are on 12 month cycles, which means that more than likely the next plasma version that openSUSE will bring will be either 5.7 or 5.8. That said Plasma 5.5 is very likely to land in https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repo...5_.26_Plasma_5 so I'd recommend enabling those.

Comment

Any news on whether this will land in the Kubuntu Backports PPA or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

That's incredibly unlikely, given that the minor versions are on 12 month cycles, which means that more than likely the next plasma version that openSUSE will bring will be either 5.7 or 5.8. That said Plasma 5.5 is very likely to land in https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repo...5_.26_Plasma_5 so I'd recommend enabling those.
            I prefer to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerii View Post
              Any news on whether this will land in the Kubuntu Backports PPA or not?
              It always does, but we have to be patient.

Comment

KDE in Fedora 23 is really great! I'm taking a lot more walks now and getting a lot more fresh air while I calm down before returning to login to my desktop again after a crash booted me out. I also find it's vastly improved the quality of my work, as when you have to write something out for the second or even third time, it feels much more polished. Thanks KDE!

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
                  KDE in Fedora 23 is really great! I'm taking a lot more walks now and getting a lot more fresh air while I calm down before returning to login to my desktop again after a crash booted me out. I also find it's vastly improved the quality of my work, as when you have to write something out for the second or even third time, it feels much more polished. Thanks KDE!
                  I run Plasma 5 in arch and it's working great. That's the great thing about installing things yourself. The more you're good, the less bug you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post

It always does, but we have to be patient.
                    There's also Kubuntu CI Stable, which gets releases much more quickly. The only downside is that it relies on automated testing as opposed to human inspection, though I personally have never had problems running my systems on CI. Just make sure you specifically choose the STABLE CI repo, anything else is meant for developers or absolute bleeding-edge.

Comment

Working...
                    X