Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager Now Supports Creating MAC VLANs

Phoronix: NetworkManager Now Supports Creating MAC VLANs

As of this morning in NetworkManager is support for creating MAC VLAN and MAC VTAP devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still can't do dialup though!

Comment

"MAC VLAN is like a reverse VLAN where a single network connection creates multiple virtual connections with different MAC addresses."

MAC VLAN just creates subinterface per network connection. You can multiplex your network connection manually. How is that reverse VLAN? Regular VLAN also multiplexes the link to transport many independent layer 2 broadcast domains in an isolated manner over the same link. I found that phrase somewhere on the Internet and I think you just copied it without thinking about it.

Source:
      http://www.pocketnix.org/posts/Linux...al%20Ethernets
      Last edited by killyou; 10 December 2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post
        This bug is in dire need of an upstream fix.
        That is, forcing providers to do their bloody part in improving the infrastructure.

I'm damn sick of hearing that even network providers in developed countries are sometimes unwilling to provide broadband for every citizen.
        Their CEOs should be send to jail for numerous crimes (including embezzlement, seeing as how tax payers are forced to pay for their mistakes).

Comment

Working...
        X