Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdenlive 15.12 Brings Basic Copy / Paste Feature

Phoronix: Kdenlive 15.12 Brings Basic Copy / Paste Feature

For those curious what KDE's Kdenlive non-linear video editor 15.12 update will bring when released next week, here's a look...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The copy/paste feature is across projects. Copy/paste in a single project has been around for quite a while now (that's how I made quite a few extended music videos).

Also, the Kdenlive Cafe. Sounds like a fun time, hopefully I'll be able to attend it. (People can sign up so that the optimal time is chosen for that.)

Comment

Try a copy/paste in the same timeline in Lightworks... yeah... industry choice FFS?!

Comment

My sincere wish is that they'd improve the text anti-aliasing in their Title function. If you were to compare Corel VideoStudio's text to Kdenlive's text, Kdenlive's appears seriously ugly in the final render.

I find myself quite often having to use GIMP to create sufficient looking text. This isn't desirable, especially considering it detracts from the Kdenlive experience and takes more time to accomplish. Still, I appreciate all the work they put into it.

It's definitely very powerful once you get accustomed to all the hidden menus. It's finally a lot more stable in Ubuntu 15.10 with version 15.08.1, and that's probably what is most important.

Comment

Working...
        X