Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.7 Is Being Prepared With Many Changes

Phoronix: Git 2.7 Is Being Prepared With Many Changes

Junio Hamano announced the release this afternoon of Git 2.7.0-rc0 with 463 commits since Git 2.6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've had to do an inverse bisect a couple of times where you need to mark the good commits bad and the bad commits good. After testing so many revisions, it's easy to get it wrong even when doing it the normal way round! So yeah, this helps.

Comment

What I would love to see on git:

- Better binary versioning: Useful to use it to store binary formats such as OpenDocument files (they are renamed .zip), electronics design files and more.
      - Make Git not only the best DVCS, but the first good P2PDCVS. Look at the old experiments such as GitTorrent and make something that works. I know this is extremelly difficult to make it work.
      - Integrate git-lfs into mainline, as a native part of Git. Make it protocol agnostic, even supporting p2p (using torrent would be interesting for big files).
      - Could Git be extended beyond source code versioning and make it viable for RTCE? I know it sounds crazy, but there's no proper RTCE open source and widely supported multiplatform solution out there.

Comment

Working...
      X