Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Krita Team Releases Another Animation Beta

Phoronix: The Krita Team Releases Another Animation Beta

Since last month Krita 2.9 Animation Edition has been in beta as the version of this KDE drawing program that supports animations and uses OpenGL 3 on the GPU for rendering. The second beta of it is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ever notice that most of the Blender, Gimp, Inkscape and more tutorials are from English is a Second Language speaker? With rare exception the tutorials are dull, unillluminating and take half the time boring the person before they get to the actual demo. They also tend to be pointless demos like this one. The UI and it's lack of description which looks like a Normal Curve distribution in bar form would never give anyone a clue the bars represent the level of opacity, without him mentioning it.

That's the kind of lack of attention to detail in design that is a hallmark of FOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Ever notice that most of the Blender, Gimp, Inkscape and more tutorials are from English is a Second Language speaker? With rare exception the tutorials are dull, unillluminating and take half the time boring the person before they get to the actual demo.
      Nope.

They also tend to be pointless demos like this one. The UI and it's lack of description which looks like a Normal Curve distribution in bar form would never give anyone a clue the bars represent the level of opacity, without him mentioning it.

That's the kind of lack of attention to detail in design that is a hallmark of FOSS.
      I think your comment is better suited on a Inkscape UI thread and not a Krita UI thread - Krita UI is excellent imo.

Additionally, lets not pretend that every single Adobe UI is perfect - Illustrator is a huge pain in the ass, so for a vector app its on par in my book with Inkscape, most Inkscapers to my kn owledge abhore Illustrator in some scenarios.

With Krita it's the same, professional Sketch Artists, Comicers, and Concept Artists would choose Krita any day over the 600$ alternative - Photoshop and I've seen it outperform.

I think your argument needs a stronger foundation of specific listed items, and if that were the case Krita Devs are probably the nicest FOSS devs out of any project I've ever encountered.

GIMP dev on the other than is going at a snails crawl and to my knowledge they have 0 fulltime devs on it, so maybe try to solve that problem first, just sayin.

Comment

Working...
      X