Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.8-rc4 Takes Care Of Another 26 Bugs

Phoronix: Wine 1.8-rc4 Takes Care Of Another 26 Bugs

The fourth weekly release candidate to Wine 1.8 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The just-released CrossOver 15.0.0 uses WINE 1.8. Is it using a release candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
      The just-released CrossOver 15.0.0 uses WINE 1.8. Is it using a release candidate?
      OK, I checked, it's Wine 1.8-rc2.

Comment

In this wine version appears corrected some bugs, at simple seek very similar to rc3

Comment

And how many bugs they will add with this release? I see every time lots of bugs fixed in release notes, but its still games not running too well and i dont feel any major quality improvements as user in last 5 years.
          Other example is Wine for arm, know many years there are promising it?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
            And how many bugs they will add with this release? I see every time lots of bugs fixed in release notes, but its still games not running too well and i dont feel any major quality improvements as user in last 5 years.
            Other example is Wine for arm, know many years there are promising it?
            There are around 6000 bugs open at the bug tracker. Bugs are closed fixed when the original bug reporter says it's fixed for him in development version of wine. Or when 2 or more users report in same bug thread that it's fixed for them in development version of wine. The bug tracker has lots of old bugs that none is looking at. That's the reason you see very old game bugs marked as fixed. The features and fixes they add into wine don't always fix a bug at the tracker so you dont see the evolvment of wine from the changelogs always.

If you want to wine get better, report bugs, test the bugs. No coding skills are required for this. Wine is lacking of people that test bugs so they can be marked as fixed. The amount of bugs fixed in changelogs depends heavily on this how many people are testing the bugs against wine. In every changelog I see lot of bugs that are marked fixed because I tested them and someone else did.
            Last edited by deri; 13 December 2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X