The Basement Server Room Cooling Solution Continues To Yield Free Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Basement Server Room Cooling Solution Continues To Yield Free Heat

Phoronix: The Basement Server Room Cooling Solution Continues To Yield Free Heat

As a lot of people were interested in my basement server room remodel earlier this year for Linux benchmarking (and the sixth month redux) as well as subsequent updates about a very high performance fan for air cooling the systems during the cooler seasons, here's another quick update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wait! You used to use air conditioning in the winter? There are way more energy efficient methods to heat up your home. But agreed, using the heat generated by the computers is quite smart.

Comment

How much CO2 emissions saved? (By reusing that heat)

.... Just had to ask that question with Paris stuff happening right now

Comment

so what?

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
          so what?
          So people have been curious about the fan setup, how a duct muffler works, etc, and so I am simply providing an update for those interested.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the update, I was curious about the outcome.

Comment

What's interesting to me is that this guy constantly complains that he doesn't get enough money but he is stuffed full of expensive equipment.
              Even in Europe people can't afford even one of those laptops... It's annoying when he starts with "Give me money, give me sh*t! More, MORE!".
              A year has passed and I still try to collect to buy an iPad, mostly to be able to read books(I work as a software developer)...

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
                What's interesting to me is that this guy constantly complains that he doesn't get enough money but he is stuffed full of expensive equipment.
                Even in Europe people can't afford even one of those laptops... It's annoying when he starts with "Give me money, give me sh*t! More, MORE!".
                A year has passed and I still try to collect to buy an iPad, mostly to be able to read books(I work as a software developer)...

You know that if he didn't have that equipment, he wouldn't be able to run this site or do automated benchmarking...

Comment

Very nice.

Now we just need to dig out the history books and set you up with an ammonia-cycle air conditioner that can run off the waste heat from the servers
                  Test signature

Comment

I really think "free" should be in quotes
                    Anyway great job recycling heat, it sounds pretty neat...

Comment

Working...
                    X