Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Year-End Linux Tests Would You Like To See For 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Year-End Linux Tests Would You Like To See For 2015?

Phoronix: What Year-End Linux Tests Would You Like To See For 2015?

With the year quickly coming to an end, I've already started work on my usual year-end open-source/Linux comparisons to show how the performance has evolved over the past year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland Weston vs Xorg benchmarks for the Raspberry Pi (I heard weston has a backend specifically for the rpi which results in better performance)

Wayland compositor benchmarks (kwin vs mutter vs weston vs enlightenment, etc)

Custom kernel benchmarks (bfq vs cfq, uksm memory usage vs no uksm, zen tuning)

Comment

Energy consumption by laptops playing VP9 or H.265 1080p@30FPS and @60FPS videos.
      Using for example MPV.

Comment

Do a LXD x KVM x Xen test, please!

Comment

It's end of the year: so maybe some time related tests ? Or maybe just an article ?

What is the status of the work for the Year 2038 problem on 32-bit Linux ?

Comment

Linux 1.0 vs Windows 95, please.

Comment

More Fury with amdgpu and steam Linux games. It's running well for me and my Sapphire Fury X running kernel 4.3 and mesa 11.0. I'm having trouble with kernel 4.4 slowing down to not playable with Dota 2 but Left 4 Dead 2 works fine.

I tried to bisect, but kept getting failed builds.
              Last edited by HarlemSquirrel; 17 December 2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

lvmcache speedup results with (ideally) mirrored data and SSD cache drives. Or a better comparision between bcache and lvmcache. I've been quite happy with lvmcache, esp since I can remove it fairly easily if need be.

Comment

Absolutely what SethDusek and tessio suggested.

Also, some fresh x86 Linux (Arch/Antergos, Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE Leap) vs. BSD (Free, Dragonfly) benchmarks. Graphics performance comparisons with Linux vs. DragonflyBSD (with the same supported graphics, of course) would be nice.

It would also be interesting if you could compare Linux distros on ARM as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X