Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reworking The Steam Linux Automated Game Tests

Phoronix: Reworking The Steam Linux Automated Game Tests

As part of the preparations for the year-end Linux benchmarking articles, I've published new versions of the Team Fortress 2, DiRT Showdown, BioShock Infinite, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Linux benchmark test profiles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

bioshock-fininite
    Sounds a good game, got a link

I just want knonos to officially release Vulkan

Comment

I happened to try the newest Infinite profile (1.0.1) on openbenchmarking.com yesterday. It still seems to fail if the game is installed into an external library. I did not investigate it further, maybe the 4-second wait time for the game to start up is a bit too low. (My rig is not the newest and the game is installed on a HDD.)

If you're looking for a different approach, you can actually read steam library locations from steampath/config/config.vdf. Then you could check the contents of the acf files, which give you the exact install location of each game. It would take some work to implement, but it would be the most reliable way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        If you're looking for a different approach, you can actually read steam library locations from steampath/config/config.vdf. Then you could check the contents of the acf files, which give you the exact install location of each game. It would take some work to implement, but it would be the most reliable way to do it.
        For all my personal testing I use the default locations. As I have no commercial customers using any of the Steam tests, likely too much work for what it's worth jumping through those other hoops, unfortunately.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X