Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Fortress 2 Receives Linux Renderer Improvements

Phoronix: Team Fortress 2 Receives Linux Renderer Improvements

Just in time for those planning to do some holiday gaming next week, Valve has released a major update to the popular free-to-play Team Fortress 2 game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There would be place for these new features in L4D too, it runs a lot worse than TF by default.

Comment

Might have been good for the canceled "Smach"

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        There would be place for these new features in L4D too, it runs a lot worse than TF by default.
        Maybe some day they'll fix the sprays and all the other bugs too.

Comment

Good stuff.

I wonder if Valve plans to move TF2 and CS:GO over to the source2 engine?
          The dota2 Linux community benefitted greatly from the move with the improved responsives and native openGL implementation, use of multi-core CPUs etc...

Comment

Steam link is broken

Comment

Originally posted by elect View Post
              Steam link is broken
              Something is borked with steam servers it seems... qouple minutes ago worked but now not

edit: and now it works again

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
                Good stuff.

I wonder if Valve plans to move TF2 and CS:GO over to the source2 engine?
                The dota2 Linux community benefitted greatly from the move with the improved responsives and native openGL implementation, use of multi-core CPUs etc...
                Yes, Valve officially stated that at least CSGO will end up in source2, so TF2 will get the same treatment if the game keeps being popular.
                At the end of the day it's just more convenient for them to support the new engine...

Comment

I've been VAC banned from TF2 for 2117 days (~5 years and 292 days) now, so I won't really be able to enjoy the update. I found the old TF2 to be a lot more fun.

On the other hand, seeing some Linux updates for one of their games is nice. I am really eager to find out what Soruce2+vulkan are capable of.
                  Oh, and I hope they will unban me from TF2 if they ever port it to source2, since these bans are typically bound to a peculiar game engine (I am banned from TF2 & HL2 : DM, but not from L4D2 or DOTA2)
                  Last edited by M@yeulC; 18 December 2015, 06:58 AM. Reason: Hard to write HL2/DM without a smiley

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

Working...
                    X