Here's A Fresh Ubuntu Kernel Spin With The Latest AMDGPU PowerPlay Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's A Fresh Ubuntu Kernel Spin With The Latest AMDGPU PowerPlay Support

Phoronix: Here's A Fresh Ubuntu Kernel Spin With The Latest AMDGPU PowerPlay Support

For those with an AMD Tonga or Fiji graphics card that want to try out the latest open-source AMDGPU kernel driver code with PowerPlay support enabled, here's an easy-to-use Ubuntu/Debian kernel spin...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The hero we deserve!

Comment

Hello,

I installed this kernel and my system starts properly (older kernel 4.3 prepared by Michael with powerplay support didn't work for me - kernel crash at startup), however it looks like reclocking doesn't work. I have the same performance with glxgears (vblank_mode=0) like with standard Ubuntu 15.10 kernel 4.2 and only 13 FPS in The Witcher 2 (settings maxed out, just ubersampling and vsync disabled) in the place where on Catalyst 15.7 I had 60-70 FPS. How can I check if powerplay works properly on my platform? I have R9 380 2GB.

Cheers,
      Patryk

Comment

Working...
      X