Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Linux Had A Very Productive, Tremendous Year

Phoronix: Fedora Linux Had A Very Productive, Tremendous Year

With the releases this year of Fedora 22 and Fedora 23, Fedora stakeholders should be proud of themselves with the quality of Fedora releases/support continuing to go up while driving a lot of new innovation and success into Linux. About the only gripe I have with the latest Fedora releases is that they no longer ship with any fun codenames to talk about.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Running fedora 22 with outstanding success. Very solid distro.

Comment

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
      Running fedora 22 with outstanding success. Very solid distro.
      Can also vouch for Fedora being pretty solid; running Fedora 23 Workstation on all the personal PCs in my house, and Fedora Server on my web/database/game server.

Comment

Same here, moved to Fedora 23 after ~10 yrs with Ubuntu/Debian. I was quite surprised to see how flawless the install was. Have been living a bit under a rock, not really trying any new distros, because Ubuntu/Debian worked for me for all these years. But I guess a lot has changed and Ubuntu has no longer advantage of being "easy". At least for me - I work the same way under Fedora that I did under Ubuntu. I guess I don't care about LTS label anymore and prefer bleeding edge, if the stability is simply the same. Will see what the future releases bring, but thus far I'm really impressed and happy I made the switch.

Comment

Fedora 23 user here too (using Fedora 22 since september, then upgraded this month). Robust distribution. Before, I used Debian testing and Xubuntu.

The software in repositories is pretty recent, that's what I like about it.

What I don't like about it: the Xfce look out of the box. I had to tweak it heavily to make it look like Xubuntu, which looks much better out of the box.

Comment

Working...
          X