Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Reportedly On 200+ Million Devices

Phoronix: Windows 10 Reportedly On 200+ Million Devices

Microsoft has reportedly said that Windows 10 has been installed on 200 million devices so far worldwide...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How is that impressive when they force the update onto every single device running windows? People just do whatever windows ask them to do. Not the other way around.

Comment

Not exactly sure why this "news" or to be exact, MS PR bullshit happens to be on Phoronix. Does MS pays for PR, or something? If it a case, it would be fair to mark advertisements as such, etc.

Comment

Shoving an Operating System down somebodies throat is not impressive, it is invasive and just plain nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by totex71 View Post
          How is that impressive when they force the update onto every single device running windows? People just do whatever windows ask them to do. Not the other way around.
          It's impressive that that many people blindly accept Windows 10

Although (didn't read the source article), is this number coming from all the devices in the world with Windows 10, regardless of them being sold and in the hands of a consumer/business? Or is this also counting things in boxes sitting on store shelves?

Comment

Installed on 200 million devices doesn't necessarily mean it is used/on 200+ million devices as the titel suggests. I know a lot of people that upgraded to Windows 10 (some voluntarily) and almost half of them had minor or major issues that forced them to go back to the version of Windows they were on. I'm more interested in the number of active users and not the number of installations since that number is a best case scenario if you keep in mind that Microsoft is aggressively forcing users to upgrade.

Comment

This is just marketing for stupid people who can't choose for themselves
              Their logic is "If 200+ millions use it, then it must be really good for me too"
              Microsoft knows this very well and is using it sucessfully
              Unfortunately I've seen many people jumping on it voluntarly and even defending it when I told them that is a privacy destroyer and all their data will be stolen
              Some even replied with the "I don't have anything to hide" phrase

Comment

Didn't ubuntu say they were trying to reach 200 million and failed miserably?

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                  Microsoft once again RAPED Linux world. No way you'll ever get their numbers. OWNED!!!

Linux will win, it's inevitable :^)

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                    Keep hallucinating! Windows 10 is so superior to any linux distro it's not even funny. There is nothing that linux can do that windows can't do better. And there are things that windows can do that linux can't do.. like run photoshop or 3ds max or visual studio or shit... anything related to productivity. Linux == toy. Windows == real men!

Linux is backed by millions of people all over the world, Windows is backed by a company that might very well not exist after 10 or 20 years. Go troll somewhere else

Comment

Working...
                    X