Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Linux Driver 2015 Year-in-Review

Phoronix: NVIDIA Linux Driver 2015 Year-in-Review

Similar to the recent open-source year end driver recaps, here's a recap of NVIDIA's binary driver activities for 2015 along with some benchmarks comparing the performance of the proprietary driver over the past year.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kinda disappointing that the performance has gone down in the open source games.

Comment

Originally posted by roboman2444 View Post
      Kinda disappointing that the performance has gone down in the open source games.
      True dat, going from 239 to 230fps totally ruins the experience. I'm totally going to switch to an AMD card that runs Xonotic at 239fps@4k. Oh wait, there is none: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-19-dec&num=4
      Joking aside, loss of (any) performance is a concern, but we really don't know what's going on here. If it's some change adversely impacting performance by accident, that's bad. But if it's some new validation that was missing before, then we probably want it left in place.
      Last edited by bug77; 31 December 2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I was hoping to read "better Optimus support", maybe i will read it in the summary of the next year. It's still nice to see than on performance it improved a bit.

Comment

Working...
        X