Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepin 15 Linux Released

Phoronix: Deepin 15 Linux Released

Following the recent release candidate, Deepin 15 is now officially available for ending out 2015...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm curious to how they have GCC 5.3.1 when that's never been released...

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      GCC the compiler? I have 5.3.1-2 on Fedora 23 right now through the default update channel.

Comment

It's a stable snapshot released after 5.3.0. There won't ever be 5.3.1, only 5.4.0 if they decide to roll another stable update.

Comment

(Ads... please stop refreshing the page...Ugh! )

deepin 15 looks very nice with several different styles, although I could care less for built-in deepin applications, but replace with them with GNOME applications instead that go with them nicely; however, I'm unsure how GNOME applications will look and behave under the Qt environment with client-side decorations. It's not like I can use Nautilus as my default file manager, could I? Without adding a title bar to the above the control buttons?

Budgie desktop has a similar side panel, but it's not as thorough as deepin's, such as changing system date and time and changing wallpaper within the side panel. Plus, I like the deepin's launcher that shows the list of applications in grid along with categories, which is very nice.

I wish I could choose a GTK backend for deepin, though. And be able to have a global menu as well. But then, some people prefer an old desktop paradigm with menus that are in desktop applications and not something like in a Mac, so to each their own. Me? I like to see what new desktop paradigms Linux developers could come up with, such as in GNOME and Unity.

I wonder if I could make use of Cinnamon panel in deepin with Cinnamon applets.

Comment

I have had it for several days on Debian Testing (Sid).

viewtouch@gene:~/viewtouch/build$ cmake ..
            -- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.3.1
            -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.3.1

Comment

Working...
            X