Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP & GEGL Made Much Progress In 2015

Phoronix: GIMP & GEGL Made Much Progress In 2015

Alexandre Prokoudine of GIMP has written an annual report on the project and its GEGL port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GTK3 Please. I want the GTK3 update that makes GIMP's UX tolerable.

Comment

If you mean single window mode, that will be in next release (2.10). It does not require GTK+ 3, which will be in GIMP 3.0.

Comment

Non destructive editing please soon. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jonnor View Post
          If you mean single window mode, that will be in next release (2.10). It does not require GTK+ 3, which will be in GIMP 3.0.
          Erm. GIMP already has single-window mode. It was added in 2.8. https://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.8.html

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            GTK3 Please. I want the GTK3 update that makes GIMP's UX tolerable.
            Planned for v3.0.

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
            Non destructive editing please soon. Thanks
            Planned for v3.2.

Comment

GIMP can't compete with features. Young professionals will still install a pirate version of Photoshop. How could GIMP compete? Professionals don't see value in open source. Their own work is always closed.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                GIMP can't compete with features. How could GIMP compete?
                General questions Is there a company or a foundation behind GIMP? Can I use GIMP commercially? What’s the GIMP’s license, and how do I comply with it? Someone sold or tried to sell me GIMP on a 3rd party website. Is this legal? Are you trying to develop …

Comment

Originally posted by jonnor View Post
                  It's really funny that so many people kept on calling this feature "fundamental", even though it was only because that's how Photoshop behaved on Windows. On OSX platforms, Photoshop was always a multi-window UI just like classic GIMP, and it's still to this day because OSX users got used to that instead and don't find it distracting at all (me included).

Comment

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

Planned for v3.0.

Planned for v3.2.
                    Well, after investing all those money into GIMP, people are entitled to get features whenever they ask for them. </sarcasm>

Comment

Working...
                    X