Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Bugs & Making Fedora Workstation More Stable

Phoronix: Tracking Bugs & Making Fedora Workstation More Stable

Red Hat's Christian Schaller has written a blog post today about Fedora Workstation and the quest for stability and robustness...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been using Linux since 1994 (Slackware), and Fedora since it was called RedHat 5. After Gnome 3 I switched to KDE. I have never, in all that time, had anywhere nearly as unstable an experience (and XFree86 to X.org wasn't good) than I've had with Plasma 5 and Fedora 23. I didn't even really know what ABRT was before, and now I've got a whole list of crash reports. The latest updates are helping again, but damn.

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
      I've been using Linux since 1994 (Slackware), and Fedora since it was called RedHat 5. After Gnome 3 I switched to KDE. I have never, in all that time, had anywhere nearly as unstable an experience (and XFree86 to X.org wasn't good) than I've had with Plasma 5 and Fedora 23. I didn't even really know what ABRT was before, and now I've got a whole list of crash reports. The latest updates are helping again, but damn.
      My Fedora experience with KDE and plasma has been poor since I switched to Fedora 21 when that came out. I'm using XFCE on Fedora 23 now.

No offense to the fine folks at Fedora and the GNOME Foundation, but I just don't like the GNOME 3 interface. It's a shame, because when I tried it the stability was excellent and the UI was very pretty.

Comment

Working...
      X