SQLite 3.10 Released With Performance Optimizations & New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQLite 3.10 Released With Performance Optimizations & New Features

Phoronix: SQLite 3.10 Released With Performance Optimizations & New Features

SQLite 3.10 has been released today as the latest version of this widely-used SQL database engine library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Damn, just after I switched to PostgreSQL.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
      Damn, just after I switched to PostgreSQL.
      LOL

But seriously, I wonder how long it takes for the projects that use SQLite internally to switch t onew versions (I suppose they usually bundle the library?).

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post

LOL

But seriously, I wonder how long it takes for the projects that use SQLite internally to switch t onew versions (I suppose they usually bundle the library?).
        Why would you do that? If you released, your application probably works satisfactory already. And generally it doesn't pay to go after a few performance gains and risk new bugs.
        If you start a new app, you have one in development or plan a new version of an existing app, then by all means, try the new version. But I wouldn't worry about released stuff.

Comment

SQLite has managed to keep ABI compatibility with their stable versions for ages now. And because it's a light-weight database engine not designed for heavy duty applications, I doubt there is too much risk that they are changing their established on-disk format. So as far as these sorts of things go....it's pretty safe to just migrate along their stable line, I've been doing this for years without problems.

Comment

Working...
          X