Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.5.3 Comes With 20 Changes

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.5.3 Comes With 20 Changes

The KDE development team has announced their first Plasma 5 update of 2016...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just as likely to have added plenty of new bugs.
    When i tried Plasma 5 and had problems i searched for them on the bug tracker and some of them go back years, fixed then broken again, rinse and repeat...
    It's a great shame i really did enjoy using it.

Happy Mate user now.

Comment

And Debian didn't even get 5.5.1/2 yet....

Comment

Plasma 5.3 had been called stable, then Plasma 5.4 had been called stable. What KDE user call stable, Gnome user call it unstable. Happy Gnome User for a few months.
        Last edited by Steffo; 06 January 2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
          Plasma 5.3 had been called stable, then Plasma 5.4 had been called stable.
          5.3 was very unstable for me.
          5.4 is usable on a daily basis, but still contains some bugs. It already works fine enough that I did not yet bother to install a backported 5.5.

Comment

5.5.1 finally fixed a persistent bug where my network icon kept disappearing from the task bar, but most of the stability fixes happened in 5.4, at least for me.

Still waiting to see what 5.5.2 and 5.5.3 will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
              Plasma 5.3 had been called stable, then Plasma 5.4 had been called stable. What KDE user call stable, Gnome user call it unstable. Happy Gnome User for a few months.
              5.2 was already stable for me. For the most part it's just drivers or Qt being a problem, not Plasma itself.

Comment

Have they added the ability to have instant autohide for the UI? Last time I checked it had instant show, with a hide delay that drove me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by deadite66 View Post
                  Just as likely to have added plenty of new bugs.
                  When i tried Plasma 5 and had problems i searched for them on the bug tracker and some of them go back years, fixed then broken again, rinse and repeat...
                  It's a great shame i really did enjoy using it.

Happy Mate user now.

Issues are issues no matter what is causing them, but you might want to read some of the reasons to why Plasma 5 is hit by "bugs"
                  Last week we got quite some criticism about the quality of KDE Plasma 5 on the Internet. This came rather surprising for us and is at least in my opinion highly undeserved. So far what we saw is th…

Some of the feedback we got, is that we should blog more about how we improve the quality, what kind of bugs we fixed. So today I want to do that with an in-depth explanation of four crash reports …

Comment

5.5.2 fixed a lot already for me, compared to 5.4, I guess with the help of qt5 updates. Looking forward to qt5.6 which should squash remaining bugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X