Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Mint 18: Powered By Ubuntu 16.04, Coming This Summer

Phoronix: Linux Mint 18: Powered By Ubuntu 16.04, Coming This Summer

Clement Lefebvre has revealed more details about Linux Mint 18, the next major release of this popular, Ubuntu-derived Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They should fix JavaScript mess and poor performance before anything else.

Comment

So, I guess they will go for Mir, not Wayland.

Comment

If they will use Mir, it will be wrong decision. Cinnamon is a different enough from Gnome and Unity, some not trivial ajustments for Cinnamon can be expected in any case. Mark Shuttleworth shoult keep away from US dollar to prevent Ubuntu's future...
        Last edited by pjezek; 07 January 2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Killyou - I have no idea what you mean and I doubt the distro will either. They always welcome detailed issues logged on their github site if you want to expand on any specific things there

Comment

Originally posted by rogerdv View Post
            So, I guess they will go for Mir, not Wayland.
            I asked last year about the Wayland situation. They said that Mint 18 will only support Xorg and they still not making even any concepts for Wayland. I guess we will see some Wayland (Mir) in 2018 with Mint 19.
            Last edited by Fegr; 08 June 2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X