Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon & AMDGPU DRM Drivers Get More Changes For Linux 4.5

Phoronix: Radeon & AMDGPU DRM Drivers Get More Changes For Linux 4.5

With the merge window expected to open next week for the Linux 4.5 kernel, AMD's Alex Deucher has sent some more last-minute work into DRM-Next...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

God damn it how long are Nvidia gonna keep us waiting on DRM? I wanna run wayland on the proprietary nvidia drivers!

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      God damn it how long are Nvidia gonna keep us waiting on DRM? I wanna run wayland on the proprietary nvidia drivers!
      Wrong thread?

Comment

use proprietary windows os if you like proprietary drivers

Comment

It's always looking forward to the next kernel filled with new goodness. Also bugfix / maintenance releases are highly welcome.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

On other hand, AMD got all DRM goodies ages ago. And now even opensource stack does OpenGL 4.1. Whatever, but if one cares about integration with system, lack of silly issues and advantages of opensource, nvidia isn't good at all. Actually, IIRC nvidia got middle finger on purely technical level, getting quite many DRM-related functions GPL_ONLY and not suitable for nvidia's blob. So they had to rewrite heck a lot of code. Good price for being stubborn morons.

Comment

Working...
            X