Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenShot 2.0 Beta Finally Released

Phoronix: OpenShot 2.0 Beta Finally Released

What a surprise waking up to find that at long-last the OpenShot 2.0 beta is now available to early-backers of this open-source video editor's Kickstarter project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I missed an download link in the article.
    If you are interested in helping improve this project, please join the "OpenShot Developers" team on launchpad. We welcome any contributions, big or small. Whatever your ideas and skills are, we have a place for you on our team. =)

Comment

I nearly choked on my lunch when I sure that headline. I thought it was a dead duck for sure. Too bad we (my wife uses this stuff more than me) already switched to Kdenlive.

Comment

Woah, a functioning basic video editor on Linux, now that's a first.

Comment

What changes are present? Do we have an opencl implementation?

Comment

Originally posted by thelongdivider View Post
            What changes are present? Do we have an opencl implementation?
            openshotvideo.com is the blog where he posts his progress. Also, all of the people declaring it dead without actually checking launchpad are pretty stupid. Before today though, any ppa or source code dealing with 2.0 was what I considered Alpha or Pre-Alpha.

Anyways, back to your question. The entire program from the bottom up has basically been re-written. Things like multi-threading and handling multiple codecs and streams were difficult to implement before and would have required at least some rewriting too.

Comment

Finally! I thought it was going to be another Duke Nukem...

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                Woah, a functioning basic video editor on Linux, now that's a first.
                Nonsens, Kdenlive is very good.

Comment

The one time I had to do some video editing a few (2 or 3) years ago,
                  - Kdenlive basically crashed every time I clicked a button
                  - OpenShot wasn't even able to read the source files for some reason
                  - LiVES wasn't much better than Kdenlive with the preview enabled
                  - Blender was a bit hard to use for this purpose, but at least it worked.

Glad to hear that something is making progress and that kdenlive seems to be usable again.

Comment

The only video editor (linux) i liked the interface was novacut. But its not ready yet and the development is slow as molasses

Comment

Working...
                    X