Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medieval II: Total War Collection Coming To Linux This Week, Works With Mesa 11.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval II: Total War Collection Coming To Linux This Week, Works With Mesa 11.2

Phoronix: Medieval II: Total War Collection Coming To Linux This Week, Works With Mesa 11.2

Feral Interactive just announced that the Medieval II: Total War Collection will be released for Linux (and OS X) this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LOL, is Catalyst even supported?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      LOL, is Catalyst even supported?
      Probably not. The Radeon driver, despite being slower and not having full hardware support on some cards, is at least pretty strict with standards and OpenGL bugs. Meaning, it's honestly probably easier to target it than Catalyst.

This is exactly what we want though. As soon as we had hit OpenGL 4/4.1 compatibility, it became better for everybody (from a user's standpoint) to target the FOSS drivers anyway.

Comment

What the h... It's dead old, but maybe the best total war game all time. Proper city/castle battles not that crap like it was on empire total war.

Comment

wow for radeon mesa requirement

Comment

That is great news.
            I bought this game, when it heavily discounted on Steam but unfortunately it did not work under wine. Now I will be able to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by makson View Post
              That is great news.
              I bought this game, when it heavily discounted on Steam but unfortunately it did not work under wine. Now I will be able to play it.
              Heh I have never played this game on windows, only on linux with wine, so sure it does work with wine(about ~5 years a go).

Comment

This game still has some multiplayer potential. I'll get it just for that.

Comment

Am I dreaming ?

Comment

if the mod "Europa Barbarorum II" works that is the best spending time i am gone have. that's why I bought it.

Comment

Working...
                    X