Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial Fermi Re-Clocking Being Talked About For Nouveau

Phoronix: Partial Fermi Re-Clocking Being Talked About For Nouveau

Karol Herbst, the independent open-source developer who has been focusing upon Nouveau re-clocking support in recent months, has made a new proposal and patch series concerning NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400/500 "Fermi" re-clocking on this open-source driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, even if the memory re-clocking isn't completed yet, I don't see why engine re-clocking should be blocked for now, unless it would lead to a large amount of throwaway work.

Comment

How's reclocking on the Geforce 9 Series? How do I enable reclocking for those?

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        Hmm, even if the memory re-clocking isn't completed yet, I don't see why engine re-clocking should be blocked for now, unless it would lead to a large amount of throwaway work.
        It's not really blocked, it just needs more testing before going upstream in a first time.

Comment

hakzsam Damn, you are persistent!

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            How's reclocking on the Geforce 9 Series? How do I enable reclocking for those?
            not possible at the moment, if you are thinking of the 9xx series. If I understood it correctly, nvidia has to publish signed firmware images first to enable the 3d part of the gpu. then it can be recklocked.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              hakzsam Damn, you are persistent!
              Outch! Sorry for that... I did remove the multiple posts. I don't know what did happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

well it needs some verification, but I was thinking we should try to catch those errors earlier or let others try it out. In fact there needs to be some verification that nouveau sets the clocks really the right way.

Comment

Working...
                X