Valve Puts Out The Steam Link SDK With OpenGL ES, Qt & SDL Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Puts Out The Steam Link SDK With OpenGL ES, Qt & SDL Support

Phoronix: Valve Puts Out The Steam Link SDK With OpenGL ES, Qt & SDL Support

Valve has finally released the SDK for their Steam Link device that began shipping late last year for playing Steam games on any TV in a house as long as there is a computer running Steam on your network...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm.. with SSH access can someone post us more details about what ARM chip and graphics chip it has in it?

Comment

Originally posted by gQuigs View Post
      Hmm.. with SSH access can someone post us more details about what ARM chip and graphics chip it has in it?

Comment

What purpose does the Steam Link SDK have? To optimize streaming?

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          What purpose does the Steam Link SDK have? To optimize streaming?
          It enables you to build small applications that can run on the Steam Link itself (as opposed to stream through it). It's somewhat like a Raspberry Pi - a small network-connected device you can tinker with.
          Last edited by afeder; 26 January 2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I have the steam link, and I can just say: it rocks... I will probably never see the SDK, as I am too busy using it to stream games from steamos ... :-(.

Comment

Working...
            X