Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt5-Ported Krita 3.0 Released In Pre-Alpha Form

Phoronix: Qt5-Ported Krita 3.0 Released In Pre-Alpha Form

The release of Krita 3.0 is coming closer with this weekend's release of a pre-alpha snapshot...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I feel there's an oxymoron in the title. A release is a release. I could probably accept that a beta or an alpha build may get a dedicated release. But pre-alpha? That's a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I feel there's an oxymoron in the title. A release is a release. I could probably accept that a beta or an alpha build may get a dedicated release. But pre-alpha? That's a bit of a stretch.
      If you look at the linked article, there is indeed a pre-alpha release to download.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

If you look at the linked article, there is indeed a pre-alpha release to download.
        Of course there is. I was saying, there should be a difference between an "it's working, it went through QA, here's the new version, together with complete documentation" release and a "we've built something from sources, here it is" release.
        See here: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release
        Pre-alpha, alpha, beta and RC are just steps towards a release.

Comment

Working...
        X