Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel NUC Skylake NUC6i3SYK Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel NUC Skylake NUC6i3SYK Linux Benchmarks

If you are interested in the Intel NUC6i3SYK with its Core i3 Skylake CPU, benchmarks have been published on OpenBenchmarking.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it have HDMI 2.0?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      Does it have HDMI 2.0?

It doesn't appear to include HDMI 2.0 directly but it does have Displayport 1.2, which can be converted to HDMI 2.0.

Comment

The Core i3 6100 is a dual-core part that also boasts Hyper Threading. The i3-6100 has a 3.7GHz clock frequency and a 51 Watt TDP.

Yes, but the i3-6100U in this NUC (the 'U' is important here) is only 2,3GHz and 15W TDP.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post

Yes, but the i3-6100U in this NUC (the 'U' is important here) is only 2,3GHz and 15W TDP.
          Doh, yeah. Silly me, fixed, accidentally forgot the U when looking up the parts and was thinking to myself that the NUC must get very hot. Thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Cool. Fairly similar to the mini PC I got for running my server.

The main issue I see with them is that they typically don't have any easy way to set up RAIDs. The ZBOX R series is the only one I've seen so far that allows for more than one SATA HDD drive to be installed, and external drives aren't very useful, as they're usually energy-deprived (eSATA-capable mini PCs are even more rare, and those also require an extra energy source). I hope that in the future this will change, perhaps with the advent of Thunderbolt/USB Type C.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
              It doesn't appear to include HDMI 2.0 directly but it does have Displayport 1.2, which can be converted to HDMI 2.0.
              So it is a double fail becuase it doesn't have either HDIMI 2.0 nor Displayport 1.3. Does it have Thunderbolt 3 at least?
              ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

So it is a double fail becuase it doesn't have either HDIMI 2.0 nor Displayport 1.3. Does it have Thunderbolt 3 at least?

How is it even remotely a "failure" that a low-power compact system comes with industry standard video outputs that can easily interoperate with practically everything that's out on the market.

Something tells me that you are a fanboy douche who spews hatred at any product that includes Intel components but you'd gladly trigger your vest in the name of AMD. Kind of ironically hypocritical since there are literally zero AMD products in existence that could even boot a Linux system if we were to remove all the open-source contributions made by Intel [the converse is not true, BTW].

Anyway, I'll give you an opportunity to redeem yourself: Just publicly post that the Radeon R9-Fury X, which is AMD's highest-end $650 video card that is horribly undersupported on Linux, is a "double fail" because -- you guessed it -- it lacks both HDMI 2.0 and Displayport 1.3.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

How is it even remotely a "failure" that a low-power compact system comes with industry standard video outputs that can easily interoperate with practically everything that's out on the market.

Something tells me that you are a fanboy douche who spews hatred at any product that includes Intel components but you'd gladly trigger your vest in the name of AMD. Kind of ironically hypocritical since there are literally zero AMD products in existence that could even boot a Linux system if we were to remove all the open-source contributions made by Intel [the converse is not true, BTW].

Anyway, I'll give you an opportunity to redeem yourself: Just publicly post that the Radeon R9-Fury X, which is AMD's highest-end $650 video card that is horribly undersupported on Linux, is a "double fail" because -- you guessed it -- it lacks both HDMI 2.0 and Displayport 1.3.

Go ahead. I'll wait.
                  LOL I have a Broadwell laptop and Ivy Bridge desktop. I simply need an HDMI 2.0 for my 4K TV (which doesn't have DP) and I would like to buy a 5K monitor somewhere in the future. No way to be able to drive it without dp 1.3. Hopefully Thunderbolt 4 will be able to drive two 5K monitors, because it's the only resolution which scales to 2560 pixels and I'm not willing to get rid of my dual monitor setup @2560px without a viable alternative (4K is not).
                  ## VGA ##

Comment

Working...
                  X