Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Linux Port Of Darkest Dungeon Is Planned

Phoronix: A Linux Port Of Darkest Dungeon Is Planned

Darkest Dungeon is a roguelike, dungeon crawler game that's been in early access for the better part of a year while its full release is set for today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why on earth would any linux user buy it now to run it under wine? If you wait to buy it on linux you are directly supporting your platform of choice plus seeing as it's going to be a post launch port there will probably be a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
      Why on earth would any linux user buy it now to run it under wine? If you wait to buy it on linux you are directly supporting your platform of choice plus seeing as it's going to be a post launch port there will probably be a sale.
      Nobody asked you to play it under Wine. The developper only wrote that as some players play it under Wine they are making a native Linux version.

Now you just have to wait a little to support your preferred platform.

Comment

They had promised a Linux version during kickstarter campaign, so it was already planned back then. All we have to see is how trustworthy these developers are. Promises must always be kept.

Comment

I hope they keep their promise. Anyway it's a really nice game! expect a challenge if you try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Nobody asked you to play it under Wine. The developper only wrote that as some players play it under Wine they are making a native Linux version.

Now you just have to wait a little to support your preferred platform.
            As was already said linux support has been planned since the begining, the only "news" in this article is that it works with wine. You can see why one might see this article as just a push to get linux users to buy now instead of waiting.

Comment

I should've also included: The game is also available on GOG as of today for those who prefer a DRM-free build of the game..
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                They had promised a Linux version during kickstarter campaign, so it was already planned back then. All we have to see is how trustworthy these developers are. Promises must always be kept.
                I called attention to it because we all know how often Kickstarter goals can fail, and a Linux port is usually pretty high on the chopping block. I was checking out the game anyway due to it being 1.0 today, but it was nice to see the developer explicitly saying Linux support was still planned
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

I called attention to it because we all know how often Kickstarter goals can fail, and a Linux port is usually pretty high on the chopping block. I was checking out the game anyway due to it being 1.0 today, but it was nice to see the developer explicitly saying Linux support was still planned
                  Where did you call attention to it?

Comment

I have mad love for this game. It's one of the many indie games I've kept track of over the years, and I've been waiting patiently for the final release to drop. As a general rule, I refuse to touch "early release" games with a 39 1/2 ft. mouse so that I can fully enjoy the game. Darkest Dungeon's been on my wishlist since I've started using Steam.

Comment

Working...
                    X