Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ 3.19.7 Brings Kinetic Scrolling For Wayland & More

Phoronix: GTK+ 3.19.7 Brings Kinetic Scrolling For Wayland & More

GNOME developers have released the latest development version of the GTK+ tool-kit in the approach towards GNOME 3.20...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the easiest and least invasive way to install the 3.19.x series of Gnome on Arch? Current stable is 3.18.x, but 3.19 contains lots of small Wayland improvements for which I don't want to wait until March.

Comment

Originally posted by yzsolt View Post
      What's the easiest and least invasive way to install the 3.19.x series of Gnome on Arch? Current stable is 3.18.x, but 3.19 contains lots of small Wayland improvements for which I don't want to wait until March.
      Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Comment

I find it somewhat amazing that this feature exists but GTK+ still doesn't allow you to control the scroll rate of a mouse wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
          I find it somewhat amazing that this feature exists but GTK+ still doesn't allow you to control the scroll rate of a mouse wheel.
          Mouse/Touch settings is probably one their most significant shortcomings, thankfully it's not a big deal doing it in the command line.

Comment

Originally posted by hrkristian View Post
            Mouse/Touch settings is probably one their most significant shortcomings, thankfully it's not a big deal doing it in the command line.
            Do you mean that it's not a big deal to fix the problem using the command line or that it's not a big deal because you use the command line (rather than a mouse)?

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post

Do you mean that it's not a big deal to fix the problem using the command line or that it's not a big deal because you use the command line (rather than a mouse)?
              I was going for not a big deal to fix it in the command line (or editing a file for making it permanent, obviously.)

Comment

Working...
              X