An Ubuntu Convergence Tablet Is Expected To Be Shown Off Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ubuntu Convergence Tablet Is Expected To Be Shown Off Next Month

Phoronix: An Ubuntu Convergence Tablet Is Expected To Be Shown Off Next Month

While there's been various weird Ubuntu Tablet initiatives, it looks like next month will be the first official Ubuntu Tablet announcement that will usher in the long talked about convergence support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tablet is great for some people but I am waiting for the converged BQ phone, I hope it will be out by summer. Good to see a tablet as well and I doubt that will be the only Canonical's announcement on MWC.

Comment

Be nice if it were available in US.

Comment

Originally posted by niX-Ter View Post
        Be nice if it were available in US.
        Exactly the sentiment I share, availability throughout the world is an issue. Can't get my hands on any of their hardware where I live.

Comment

I'm a big fan of how Blackberry did gesture-based navigation. I'm looking forward to seeing just how well Canonical can make Ubuntu on phones.

Comment

Originally posted by sabun View Post

Exactly the sentiment I share, availability throughout the world is an issue. Can't get my hands on any of their hardware where I live.
            Did you get the Nexus 4 over there? Ubuntu Touch working great on mine, can even use convergence with it and the next update will improve bluetooth compatability. Think the Nexus 5 is working now too...

Comment

Easier to get than the Jolla tablet?

Comment

What is convergence? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                  What is convergence? Thanks
                  Connecting your Ubuntu phone or tablet to a monitor, keyboard and mouse and getting a desktop version of Unity 8 with the ability to run X11 applications, a desktop in your pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post

Connecting your Ubuntu phone or tablet to a monitor, keyboard and mouse and getting a desktop version of Unity 8 with the ability to run X11 applications, a desktop in your pocket.

I dread the idea of running desktop apps on a device with just 2 GB RAM. Currently I'm using 5.5 GB and I only have Chromium with about 15-20 tabs, nautilus and a terminal open.

Comment

Working...
                    X