Wayland 1.10 Alpha Released With DnD Actions, Buffer Damage Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.10 Alpha Released With DnD Actions, Buffer Damage Request

Phoronix: Wayland 1.10 Alpha Released With DnD Actions, Buffer Damage Request

Bryce Harrington at Samsung announced the release last night of Wayland 1.10 Alpha along with the adjoining Weston reference compositor update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hope it becomes available within 6 months. Its in need of much user testing. I am anxious for the drag and drop feature to become mainstream.

Comment

frame events group allow grouping pointer events together for features liek diagonal scrolling
      Right.

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
        Hope it becomes available within 6 months. Its in need of much user testing. I am anxious for the drag and drop feature to become mainstream.
        its already in Fedora 24

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post

Right.

If you have an Android device or any other modern touch device you've probably done diagonal scrolling today.

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
            I'm already using it with Gnome on Arch. It is already quite usable though there are still a few quirks.

Comment

how's Rebecca Black Linux looking these days?

Comment

Working...
              X