Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFXBench 4.0 Released For Linux

Phoronix: GFXBench 4.0 Released For Linux

A popular graphics benchmark particularly for iOS and Android users has been GFXBench to measure the performance of the graphics processor. GFXBench supports OpenGL and OpenGL ES, but while it has long supported Android, only today is the company now supporting non-Android Linux platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Doesn't run on RHEL/CentOS 6.x:

Code:
    ./gfxbench_gl
    ./gfxbench_gl: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./gfxbench_gl)
    ./gfxbench_gl: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /tmp/gfxbench_gl-linux-qt-4.0.0+community/libnetman.so)
    ./gfxbench_gl: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /tmp/gfxbench_gl-linux-qt-4.0.0+community/libsyncdir.so)
    ./gfxbench_gl: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by /tmp/gfxbench_gl-linux-qt-4.0.0+community/libQt5Core.so.5)

Comment

Manhattan works on Intel mesa graphics. Haven't tested RadeonSI yet...
      In the plugins folder there's a file called libgfxbench40_gl_es2.so, not sure how and when that's used though.

Comment

Fun on Linux from scratch - segfaults if grep doesn't have -P.

Got past that, but now it throws some errors like

[INFO ]: GLFW init
        [ERROR]: GLFW error: 65544: GLX: Failed to create context: GLXBadFBConfig

then says No configuration selected --> disable all tests!!! and the GUI says virtualized or custom OS.

bah.

Comment

On Intel it works - some tests have a black rectangle flickering on the left side of the screen, but otherwise everything is fine.

Originally posted by legume View Post
          [INFO ]: GLFW init
          [ERROR]: GLFW error: 65544: GLX: Failed to create context: GLXBadFBConfig
          It writes the same running on Intel but it works. However, on Radeon there's the "Virtualized or custom OS." text you mentioned. I really don't know why, since it logs the same messages as on Intel, and even the OpenGL version (4.1) is displayed correctly on the Info page. If MESA had a GL_VENDOR override, I could check if it enables/disables tests based on GL_VENDOR... unlikely though, since based on the log it checks compatibility for every single test at start-up (and says "compatible" - then why are they disabled?).
          Last edited by yzsolt; 21 January 2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info, at least I won't have to try and sort that one.

Comment

Nice, runs without problems on Manjaro (Arch based) with Nvidia Geforce 560Ti (Blob Driver).
              So this GPU that is getting old, is stil waay ahead of newest Smarthone GPUs (well, not really surprising though)

With the most demanding benchmark (Car Chase offscreen, OpenGL 4.3), i am ahead of other Geforce 560Ti database entrys with 72,48 fps to the next best with 66,1 fps (on Windows), all that with very old Core2 Duo (although on 4 Ghz).
              Last edited by Stebs; 21 January 2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

This is seriously awesome. It's been running for years. Last year Nvidia published the gfxbench numbers for the Jetson TK1 but nobody could get a copy to verify it - although later Shield tablet Android results correlated nicely. The only way to get the client on Linux was to buy a corporate license, which is insanely expensive.

Comment

Tried it on Windows last night and it benches with vsync on! (I don't have it forced on). Looking at the "compare" most results for the non mosaic tests are capped at 60 :-(.

My R9285 did a lot better once I put my monitor into 120Hz :-)
                    Last edited by legume; 22 January 2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X