Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH2 The Western Front Armies Is Arriving For Linux Next Week

Phoronix: CoH2 The Western Front Armies Is Arriving For Linux Next Week

Feral Interactive announced that next week Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies will be released for Linux and OS X...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sad that they did not port the original CoH. It had a much nicer gameplay compared to this abomonation.

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
      Sad that they did not port the original CoH. It had a much nicer gameplay compared to this abomonation.
      I agree, however without crossplatform (Windows <-> Linux/OSX) multiplayer support CoH port would be nonsense like a CoH2 for Linux/OSX is at now due to a missing crossplatform multiplayer support.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post

... however without crossplatform (Windows <-> Linux/OSX) multiplayer support CoH port would be nonsense like a CoH2 for Linux/OSX is at now due to a missing crossplatform multiplayer support.
        Exactly.

I really love this game and played it a lot. I was really excited about the Linux port, but was extremely disappointed when I found out I cannot play with my Windows friends. This makes the Port completely useless. And porting the DLCs aswell. They'd rather worked on cross platform multiplayer.

Let's hope they'll not complain afterwards that they haven't sold that much copies of the game and how unprofitable it is to port a game to linux.

Comment

The moment you can play cross platform multiplayer, I'll buy the game. Not a moment before.

I've been hoping they'd resolve this for a while, the RTS genre might have a lot of different games but honestly CoH is one of the few that doesn't suck.

Comment

Even if there was cross platform multiplayer, it still runs at single digit fps for most people. Try playing with those... First they should learn how to port, then consider proper netcode.

Comment

This sounds great, but the whole fragmented multiplayer seems like a big deal to me considering how important multiplayer is to me as a gamer.

Comment

At least Linux and Macs will be able to play together after this patch it seems.

Comment

I wonder who designs a stupid idea like this ? They should take a look at games that make it right (Victor Vran f.e. for the non-FPS crowd). I don't see a logical reason to segregate multiplayer by platform ...

Comment

Working...
                  X