Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Adreno 430 Now Supported By Freedreno Gallium3D

Phoronix: Qualcomm Adreno 430 Now Supported By Freedreno Gallium3D

The Qualcomm Adreno 430 is now supported by the Freedreno Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anyone have an ARM desktop Linux distro running regularly on Freedreno? This kind of development means you should be able to run desktop Linux on this years latest phones if you can reformat the device. Not sure what it would take for modemmanager to support the blob modems the radios use, but besides those two what else is missing?

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      Does anyone have an ARM desktop Linux distro running regularly on Freedreno? This kind of development means you should be able to run desktop Linux on this years latest phones if you can reformat the device. Not sure what it would take for modemmanager to support the blob modems the radios use, but besides those two what else is missing?
      I have fedora running on a bunch of different sbc's (db410/ifc6410/utilite2/ifc6540/firetv).. and kind of running on an xperia z3, (although atm missing touchscreen driver, so not too terribly much you can do with it.. but that one is also running an upstream kernel, if you backported drm/msm to vendor 3.10 based kernel that should fill in some of the gaps as far as other drivers go (touch/audio/etc)). Fwiw, most of the arm-board / sbc devices are running pretty well w/ the linaro integration branch (which is last upstream release, w/ handful of patchsets of not-yet-merged stuff that is rebased regularly). With hdmi display and no need for touchscreen/modem/charger/etc things are a bit easier (compared to consumer phone/tablet devices).

(and if you want arm linux desktop distroy, the newer r-pi devices, or various devices w/ vivante gpu, are also good options. Avoid anything with sgx or mali.)

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        Robclark has answered this question before. I'm sorry I don't recall his exact answer but you should search for it in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post

I have fedora running on a bunch of different sbc's (db410/ifc6410/utilite2/ifc6540/firetv).. and kind of running on an xperia z3, (although atm missing touchscreen driver, so not too terribly much you can do with it.. but that one is also running an upstream kernel, if you backported drm/msm to vendor 3.10 based kernel that should fill in some of the gaps as far as other drivers go (touch/audio/etc)). Fwiw, most of the arm-board / sbc devices are running pretty well w/ the linaro integration branch (which is last upstream release, w/ handful of patchsets of not-yet-merged stuff that is rebased regularly). With hdmi display and no need for touchscreen/modem/charger/etc things are a bit easier (compared to consumer phone/tablet devices).

(and if you want arm linux desktop distroy, the newer r-pi devices, or various devices w/ vivante gpu, are also good options. Avoid anything with sgx or mali.)
          Hey Rob, maybe it's worth your time redirecting https://freedreno.github.io/ to https://github.com/freedreno/freedreno/wiki and listing the known-to-work sbcs you had luck with there? I think there are a lot of people that, like myself, start looking at hardware by first seeing if it's FOSS and mainlined. So, I'm sure having the first Freedreno google hit provide some meaningful suggestions will be of some use.

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post

Hey Rob, maybe it's worth your time redirecting https://freedreno.github.io/ to https://github.com/freedreno/freedreno/wiki and listing the known-to-work sbcs you had luck with there? I think there are a lot of people that, like myself, start looking at hardware by first seeing if it's FOSS and mainlined. So, I'm sure having the first Freedreno google hit provide some meaningful suggestions will be of some use.
            yeah, I guess I should figure out how to redirect, since I'm tragically bad at updating the front page..

Comment

Working...
            X