Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's A Ton Of NVIDIA Tegra Updates For Linux 4.5 Kernel

Phoronix: There's A Ton Of NVIDIA Tegra Updates For Linux 4.5 Kernel

For any NVIDIA Tegra users out there, a ton of exciting support work is finally being mainlined with the Linux 4.5 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did not see Jetson TK1 in those commits. But I would really use a newer kernel for it as the DVB adapter I wanted to use does not run - it compiled with DKMS but missing symbols.

Comment

Any P1 work yet? Are Pascal parts still expected to turn up this year?

Comment

What about Tegra 3? Still left in the cold to die? Thank you Nvidia, but no thanks.

Comment

Hm, no fixes for nyan. The mainline devicetree for nyan-big and nyan-blaze still leaves the GPU disabled and there are minor issues with the sound support: https://github.com/sctincman/PKGBUIL...7e72061480886a
          Looks like someone ™ needs to ask upstream for it.

Comment

I am disappointed that they don't fix/improve nyan. I would really like a better mainline support for it. I have the 4GB version of the Acer Chromebook 13, and the mainline kernel currently: leaves the gpu disabled, issues with sound, only detects 2GB of ram instead of 4, leaving half of my ram unusable ...

so I am stuck with the 3.10 chromeos kernel ... which is also a horrible mess (does not compile if disabling debug stuff in config, lots of broken stuff, compiler errors with certain things enabled, ... ... not to mention that 3.10 is an *ancient* version, missing lots of modern kernel features that I would like to be able to use ...)

Comment

You can look at this thread: http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9688
              There are now known fixes for
              enabling the GPU (still only works with gnurou's patched xserver though)
              the sound enable/disable/Headphone Jack thingy. The Right/Left Speaker Mixer Right/Left DAC switch needs to be enabled in alsamixer and was disabled by default so far
              For 4 gigabyte enabling LPAE seems to be enough

It's basically the patches 10-13 and the config from here:
              PKGBUILDs modified to build on Arch Linux ARM. Contribute to sctincman/PKGBUILDs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
              X