Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.1.5 Released, Still Dealing With Multi-Touch Woes

Phoronix: Libinput 1.1.5 Released, Still Dealing With Multi-Touch Woes

Peter Hutterer this weekend announced the release of libinput 1.1.5 as the newest version of this input handling library used by Wayland, X.Org Server (if using xf86-input-libinput), and Mir systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While I don't doubt that libinput devs get "garbage data" from these quasi-mt" devices I wonder how come that they seem to be working fine say in Windows?

Comment

The dev means he has to change the whole algorithm because some send weird outputs.

In windows they write a new algorithm for each touchpad.
      Last edited by zuxun; 25 January 2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
        While I don't doubt that libinput devs get "garbage data" from these quasi-mt" devices I wonder how come that they seem to be working fine say in Windows?
        The manufacturer probably has the only driver in existence that knows what that "garbage data" means. As usual, that driver is Windows-only.
        But that's supposing said touchpads actually work right on Windows, because I haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
          Most of those devices are equally painful in Windows, with the same choice between advertised features and actually being usable.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
            Most of those devices are equally painful in Windows, with the same choice between advertised features and actually being usable.
            If that's the case then it's really sad state of things heh. NOTE: I never meant to say that the libinput devs aren't doing a great job, just that there might be some driver-dickery going on from the closed source manufacturers.

Comment

I still have to find a way to disable mouse and touchpad acceleration... meanwhile I went back to evdev + synaptics

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
                I still have to find a way to disable mouse and touchpad acceleration... meanwhile I went back to evdev + synaptics

Requires libinput1.1.0 and xf86-input-libinput0.15.0 or higher but not hard to do. I switched over right at the xf86-input-libinput 0.15.0 release.

Comment

As the owner of one of these quasi-mt devices. I can indeed tell you that it feels like crap in both Windows and Linux. I carry an external mouse around for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...e_acceleration

Requires libinput1.1.0 and xf86-input-libinput0.15.0 or higher but not hard to do. I switched over right at the xf86-input-libinput 0.15.0 release.
                    In Ubuntu 15.10, I installed the http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libinput10 and http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/xs...input-libinput packages from 16.04 and nothing broke considering that 15.10 has older versions of both of those packages. With those installed, I improved my performance in CS:GO by using the last config listed at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...e_acceleration.

This is why I cannot wait until Ubuntu 16.04 in April. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X