Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.5 To Linux 4.5-rc1 Kernel Benchmarks

Phoronix: Linux 3.5 To Linux 4.5-rc1 Kernel Benchmarks

Last week I carried out tests of the Linux 3.5 through Linux 4.4 kernels. Those benchmarks were fairly interesting in looking at the evolution of the Linux kernel performance over the past three and a half years. With Linux 4.5-rc1 now out, here are benchmarks with this latest kernel version that's currently under development.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

wouldn't say results aren't exciting, even though this isn't the standard system that most people use, the fact that some kernels regressed so hard in some tests clearly shows that there is a point in making these (so we can upgrade or downgrade kernel versions when affected).
    Interestingly enough, it's rarely "one off" regression, and it gets progressively better afterwards.

Comment

Till now appears to be a good kernel.

Comment

No noticeable improvement in the Compile Bench's performance regressions between 3.8 and 3.10. I don't see a bug report at https://bugzilla.kernel.org. Should we file one?

Comment

If I didn't know better, I'd say that the driving force behind kernel development is database operations.

Comment

Working...
          X