Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTG Announces Radeon Open Compute Platform

Phoronix: RTG Announces Radeon Open Compute Platform

Fresh off this morning's launch of GPUOpen, Radeon Technologies Group has announced the Radeon Open Compute initial release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Additionally, they recommend using a "Intel Haswell or newer" processor whether it be a Core i5/i7 or Xeon CPU with no apparent support for their own AMD processors."

Hrmm... according to some people around here, all Intel processors are NSA spy machines. Now AMD recommends Intel CPUS? Is AMD using your computer to spy for the NSA??!?!!!?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no word on porting DX11 dependent parts of GPUOpen to Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Unfortunately there is no word on porting DX11 dependent parts of GPUOpen to Vulkan.
        Because Vulkan doesn't exist (yet).
        It won't happen until Vulkan is released.

Comment

Ha! Maybe something for my MIMD tcp server cluster.
          Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Github URL: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCR-Runtime

It seems to contain binary form of runtime for Debian and Fedora.

It was found in this post: http://gpuopen.com/compute-product/b...-runtime-apis/

Comment

Yep, just go up one level from there to...

ROCm: Platform for GPU Enabled HPC and UltraScale Computing - ROCm Core Technology

...and you should see three folders, one each for kernel driver, thunk and runtime. The thunk and kernel binaries are published together in the kernel repo for ease of installation.

We have an initial focus on Intel CPUs for dGPU systems because we are targeting existing server-class systems and use PCIE atomics.
              Last edited by bridgman; 26 January 2016, 09:35 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
                "Additionally, they recommend using a "Intel Haswell or newer" processor whether it be a Core i5/i7 or Xeon CPU with no apparent support for their own AMD processors."

Hrmm... according to some people around here, all Intel processors are NSA spy machines. Now AMD recommends Intel CPUS? Is AMD using your computer to spy for the NSA??!?!!!?

AMD walks, talks, and looks like a duck, don't they? Even the all-ambiguous "some people" makes an appearance in your blurb, the extra punctuation even putting emphasis on your final words.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerroast View Post

AMD walks, talks, and looks like a duck, don't they? Even the all-ambiguous "some people" makes an appearance in your blurb, the extra punctuation even putting emphasis on your final words.
                  Bullrun

(in reference to the battle fought in the Bull Run Mountain range)

And

Bull Mountain (the codename for RdRand)

Coincidence? I think not!

(cue X-Files theme)

Comment

Working...
                  X