Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Xeon E3-1270 v5 Skylake Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Xeon E3-1270 v5 Skylake Linux Benchmarks

Our latest Intel Skylake processor to benchmark is a Xeon E3-1270 v5 processor that boasts a boost speed of 4.0GHz...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did you use ECC ram here? That lowers memory speed compared to other results.

Comment

Michael : I suppose you run all your tests with default frequencies for CPU, right?
      (if so as I overclocked mine I have to tweak for comparison)

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
        Michael : I suppose you run all your tests with default frequencies for CPU, right?
        (if so as I overclocked mine I have to tweak for comparison)
        yes all stock speeds.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          All my Skylake Xeons were with ECC memory.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            How so? Every benchmark I've seen comparing identical systems with ECC vs. non-ECC showed no difference at all in performance. I've heard the theory that the overhead of the ECC calculations results in a performance hit, but real world benchmarking shows the difference to be below the level of statistical significance.

Comment

Michael typo in the article: "top of the pack" vs "top of the pact".

Comment

I'll benchmark this against F23 with my Skylake i7-6700k and post a link, just for an additional data point.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

is it possible to avoid some of the effects of running a different OS by using Docker to run OpenBenchmarking with a set of libraries and user-space binaries from the same distro?
                  then your only significant difference should be the kernel?

Comment

Working...
                  X