Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD-Powered Firewall Distro OPNsense 16.1 Released

Phoronix: FreeBSD-Powered Firewall Distro OPNsense 16.1 Released

OPNsense, the open-source firewall project powered by FreeBSD that began as a fork of pfSense, is out with a new release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Use it, love it, just upgraded, completely painless.
    Tried going back to pfSense about a week ago, was not happy with it.
    With pfSense I had to move my unbound DNS cache off my firewall, unto (2) dedicated Ubuntu LXC Containers on another server.
    Still had issues, so reinstalled OPNsense, left the DNS caches on the other server LXC containers.
    Runs fine.

Comment

The documentation (wiki) is pretty bad and from what you can find on their forums and twitter you can see the devs are total A-holes although the guys form pfSense helped them. I don't want to support a product with such devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Revan View Post
        The documentation (wiki) is pretty bad and from what you can find on their forums and twitter you can see the devs are total A-holes although the guys form pfSense helped them. I don't want to support a product with such devs.
        couple of years a go, one of the pfsense devs named "sanchopanza" in their forum often acted as an utter asshole. Terse impolite answers, personal attacks, micro-agressions etc. He always for some reason posted as a "guest" but it was clear and he made it clear he was one of the devs. Probably latino-temperament which was squashed as they went business-oriented path. You can't find a thing by searching his name from the pfsense forum itself today. Perhaps only by using internet archive sites for "going back in time".

Comment

Working...
        X