Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Hardware/Software Enthusiast Trends Over The Past Year

Phoronix: Linux Hardware/Software Enthusiast Trends Over The Past Year

With the new OpenBenchmarking.org that's coming soon, besides the UI refresh, restored search functionality, and other improvements, the statistics access has also been re-enabled...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, wonder what happened with the large spike for CentOS, and large drop-off between 2014/06 - 2014/09.

Not entirely surprised by the ext4 usage, but is there any reason why XFS isn't a default option in most distros yet?

Comment

Hmm, regarding of GPU stats, lots boring non-gamers here, i personaly love this web for games bias.

Even more unbelievable is than there so many people with Radeon linux unfriedly cards. I also doubt that all Ubuntu numbers are really Ubuntu and Mint numbers seems to be too small - in other stats elsewhere, maybe readers of this web are really something specific, fanatic admins guys or something like that.

But i would like to see these detection rules, Valve also had lots of times bugs in stats detection.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        Hmm, wonder what happened with the large spike for CentOS, and large drop-off between 2014/06 - 2014/09.

Not entirely surprised by the ext4 usage, but is there any reason why XFS isn't a default option in most distros yet?
        It is the default for EL7, but that may be the only one. Clearly its ready for prime time though, if Red Hat has switched. The one downside with XFS is that it cannot shrink, while ext4 can. Then again, I'd imagine shrinking a filesystem to be a rarer operation than growing one.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

Likely was some company doing a massive CentOS cloud test deployment and not realizing they were making their stuff public
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Likely was some company doing a massive CentOS cloud test deployment and not realizing they were making their stuff public
            Hello Michael,

Compilers graph reminded me ekopath\pathscale compiler for which you wrote a lot of news and articles some years ago. I think it could be a good article to write about this compiler or maybe even compare its performance with other compilers. I heard that Vadim Girlin is working for the company behind compiler on GPU compute stuff (at least he worked a couple of months ago).

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: Linux Hardware/Software Enthusiast Trends Over The Past Year

With the new OpenBenchmarking.org that's coming soon, besides the UI refresh, restored search functionality, and other improvements, the statistics access has also been re-enabled...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...=LB-2015-Stats
              Nice work.
              If you are working on the UI refresh at the moment make sure to replace the light yellow. I can see the box in the legend, but the text next to it is unreadable, even if I zooom in to the max

Comment

Working...
              X