Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 24 Will Get Qt Web Engine, QGnomePlatform & Other Changes

Phoronix: Fedora 24 Will Get Qt Web Engine, QGnomePlatform & Other Changes

More Fedora 24 features were approved at Friday's Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee meeting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/QGnomePlatform . if that feature is gonna be what i think it is, i dont think people are gonna like it

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/QGnomePlatform . if that feature is gonna be what i think it is, i dont think people are gonna like it
      And what do you think this feature is about? (They clearly state the intention, so I am curious)

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post

And what do you think this feature is about? (They clearly state the intention, so I am curious)
        going back to Redhat 8 Days, KDE had the bluecurve look to match Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

going back to Redhat 8 Days, KDE had the bluecurve look to match Gnome.
          Ah, OK. No, this isn't about making kde in general look like Gnome, but making Qt/KDE-Applications not pop out when run under Gnome. So only if you run e.g. vlc inside your GNOME session vlc will use the Gnome theme. As always (with Qt/KDE) you can make Qt-Applications still take the theme you want (Settings, Environment variables), even if run under Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post

Ah, OK. No, this isn't about making kde in general look like Gnome, but making Qt/KDE-Applications not pop out when run under Gnome. So only if you run e.g. vlc inside your GNOME session vlc will use the Gnome theme. As always (with Qt/KDE) you can make Qt-Applications still take the theme you want (Settings, Environment variables), even if run under Gnome.
            How is this different from what Qt already does?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

How is this different from what Qt already does?
              AFAIK Qt currently only uses gtkrc. This looks to be a gnome thing. QGtkPlaformTheme vs. QGnomePlatformTheme. But I didn't look at the implementation, so I may be totally wrong

Comment

Working...
              X