Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemnitz Linux Days 2016 Is Happening In Just Over One Month

Phoronix: Chemnitz Linux Days 2016 Is Happening In Just Over One Month

Alongside FOSDEM, the Czech events like this week's DevConf.cz, one of the interesting and longstanding German Linux events that pairs open-source/Linux with beer is the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage that's happening next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    While sadly I will not be attending the event this year due to the Phoronix conference/travel budget still being suspended
    You should move to Europe. Travel cost for FOSDEM, Prague LinuxDays, Chemnitzer Linux-Tage etc. has been below 100 EUR for me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
      You should move to Europe. Travel cost for FOSDEM, Prague LinuxDays, Chemnitzer Linux-Tage etc. has been below 100 EUR for me every time.
      In retrospect I should have some years ago, but sadly too late now.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hmm, are you the only one there drinking / with beer?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          Hmm, are you the only one there drinking / with beer?
          A Phoronix reader who happened to be a Chemnitz volunteer/organizer had brought like ~20 bottles of beer to me at LinuxTag, others I was with (RadeonHD developers) helped in drinking them too.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Is there any chance the new Premium subscriptions are helping to fuel your travel endeavors?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerroast View Post
              Is there any chance the new Premium subscriptions are helping to fuel your travel endeavors?
              A lot more subscribers would be needed.... Less than 1% of current readership subscribes. Simply a plane ticket to Europe would take like ~22 new subscribers at regular price. Aside from when there are sales, I usually don't even see 22 new subscribers in a week or two.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                But that would probably double/triple the electricity bill for the server farm

Comment

Probably electricity bill would be higher, indeed, but on the other hand the beer would be cheaper and more sorts to choose from.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                  X