Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GTX 750 Series Still Has Lots Of Problems With Nouveau

Phoronix: The GTX 750 Series Still Has Lots Of Problems With Nouveau

While all routine Phoronix readers should be well aware of the fact that there still isn't any open-source accelerated support for the GTX 900 "Maxwell" graphics cards yet as the Nouveau developers are blocked on waiting signed firmware from NVIDIA, the GTX 750 series does have some basic support as the original Maxwell GPUs. Here is a look at using this unofficial open-source driver on a GTX 750 with the Linux 4.5 kernel and Mesa 11.2-devel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The text/font thing is actually an issue in nouveau triggered by GLAMOR, not specific to maxwell:

The error appears across multiple generations, but since I've *still* not added a proper EXA backend to xf86-video-nouveau for maxwell, it's the only one which sees it by default. I'm suspecting some very annoying flush-related issue.

The LTC errors seem more worrying, perhaps this will help: https://github.com/skeggsb/nouveau/c...e6159146fd1d9b

FWIW I've been mostly ignoring maxwell until GM20x starts working -- doesn't seem worth the effort to make this stuff work for a single chip, esp one I don't have myself. GL 4.1 is not supported on GM107 due to missing tessellation support (need to work out how to operate tessellation control shader outputs... totally different than Fermi/Kepler).

Comment

FTFY: Nouveau Still Has Lots Of Problems With The GTX 750 Series

Comment

Installers ought to detect cards that aren't supported by Nouveau and offer some sort of sane alternatives. As it stands, many folks with these cards will finish their install and boot into a black screen and a non-working keyboard.

Comment

Working...
        X