Latest Mesa Update Lands In Ubuntu 16.04, Enables OpenGL 4.1 With LLVM 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Mesa Update Lands In Ubuntu 16.04, Enables OpenGL 4.1 With LLVM 3.8

Phoronix: Latest Mesa Update Lands In Ubuntu 16.04, Enables OpenGL 4.1 With LLVM 3.8

In the process of landing in the Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus" package archive is the newly-minted Mesa 11.1.2. While a point release update for Ubuntu of Mesa isn't usually noteworthy, with this change they are also building against LLVM 3.8 to allow OpenGL 4.1 support for the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And there was great rejoicing ;-)

The Padoka PPA has been working really well with a HD7750. Now I only wish for some kind of AMDGPU support (PPA or native) for my R9 285 in 16.04.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
      And there was great rejoicing ;-)

The Padoka PPA has been working really well with a HD7750. Now I only wish for some kind of AMDGPU support (PPA or native) for my R9 285 in 16.04.
      xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu and such are there already. Unfortunately 16.04 will likely be shipping with Linux 4.4, so currently have to roll your own Linux 4.5 build for PowerPlay reclocking (unless they eventually turn on CONFIG_DRM_AMD_POWERPLAY in the mainline PPA).

Comment

Originally posted by kurros View Post

xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu and such are there already. Unfortunately 16.04 will likely be shipping with Linux 4.4, so currently have to roll your own Linux 4.5 build for PowerPlay reclocking (unless they eventually turn on CONFIG_DRM_AMD_POWERPLAY in the mainline PPA).

simply download the .deb from mainline ubuntu kernel

Comment

not really on topic but, was someone able to run Bioshock Infinite on r600 (i am using HD5570) using padoka PPA on 15.10?
          using mesa override to opengl 4.1 and glsl 4.1 (beacuse of fp64, or something else)
          In my case it shows intro video, but then it freezes the whole system (i have to reboot).

I didn't find any info on this topic...

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

simply download the .deb from mainline ubuntu kernel
            As of 4.5-rc3 they are not enabling the PowerPlay kconfig option, hence the "unless" part. Hopefully they eventually do, as it would save me some time. Michael is also nice enough to occasionally post his 4.5 debs with the required change on Phoronix, as well.

Comment

Working...
            X