The Dota 2 Performance On The Latest NVIDIA Linux Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dota 2 Performance On The Latest NVIDIA Linux Graphics Drivers

Phoronix: The Dota 2 Performance On The Latest NVIDIA Linux Graphics Drivers

If you are a Linux gamer and not using the open-source Radeon driver with an AMD GPU, chances are your Linux gaming system is running a GeForce graphics card with the proprietary NVIDIA driver. So with yesterday's latest Dota 2 benchmarks with the R600g and RadeonSI drivers, this morning I finished up some complementary Dota 2 OpenGL comparison with the NVIDIA 361.28 proprietary driver with an assortment of Kepler and Maxwell GeForce graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Okay, let me get this straight: With 4k resoulution, the GTX 980 Ti runs at 106 fps the TITAN X at 112 fps. Yesterday, you posted that you had a result that the Fury runs the same game at the same resolution with 122 fps?

So the Radeon Fury (not Fury X!) with open-source drivers is outperforming a the fastest GeForce graphics with proprietary drivers? Almost sounds too good to be true. Have you already found out, what makes your Fury sometimes faster and other times slower?

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
      Okay, let me get this straight: With 4k resoulution, the GTX 980 Ti runs at 106 fps the TITAN X at 112 fps. Yesterday, you posted that you had a result that the Fury runs the same game at the same resolution with 122 fps?

So the Radeon Fury (not Fury X!) with open-source drivers is outperforming a the fastest GeForce graphics with proprietary drivers? Almost sounds too good to be true. Have you already found out, what makes your Fury sometimes faster and other times slower?
      Unfortunately my theory yesterday that it may have been due to a regression when DRI3 is active, doesn't look like it panned out.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah except this very update actually broke Dota among bunch of other Source games on Arch LOL

Comment

Similar to what happened on the talos principle benchmark, the 750 is faster than the 960, something is wrong with the driver on that card
          Last edited by edoantonioco; 14 February 2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately my theory yesterday that it may have been due to a regression when DRI3 is active, doesn't look like it panned out.
            Will you be posting how you managed to resolve your previous Fury issues to help anyone else having the same problems?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: The Dota 2 Performance On The Latest NVIDIA Linux Graphics Drivers

If you are a Linux gamer and not using the open-source Radeon driver with an AMD GPU, chances are your Linux gaming system is running a GeForce graphics card with the proprietary NVIDIA driver. So with yesterday's latest Dota 2 benchmarks with the R600g and RadeonSI drivers, this morning I finished up some complementary Dota 2 OpenGL comparison with the NVIDIA 361.28 proprietary driver with an assortment of Kepler and Maxwell GeForce graphics cards...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...VIDIA-Linux-GL
              Slightly off-topic: The machine in the benchmarks has dual-channel or quad-channel memory?

Comment

1080p is always CPU limited. That's really boring to see everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Herem View Post

Will you be posting how you managed to resolve your previous Fury issues to help anyone else having the same problems?
                  It's almost certainly from the rc3 kernel release, which included a change to how the firmware was (not) loaded for Fury cards. Michael was asked to test that patch multiple times for several weeks, but never heard anything back from him, unfortunately, until it just got released upstream.

Comment

Originally posted by LightmareI View Post
                    Yeah except this very update actually broke Dota among bunch of other Source games on Arch LOL
                    I sugest to going back to 352, you can find it in AUR. They is some chaos after moving Nvidia to GLVND, better wait to next version.

Comment

Working...
                    X