Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.10 Officially Released

Phoronix: Wayland 1.10 Officially Released

Wayland 1.10 was officially released today with Bryce Harrington of Samsung's Open-Source Group announcing the release on behalf of all Wayland developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland 1.10 adds support for drag and drop actions.
    Then why on earth is the version above 1.0?

Comment

will be interesting if Wayland is used as Default in F24. , Michael, keep ya eye on Fedora Desktop list which should have the Meeting link in it.

The Workstation WG meeting is scheduled for this Wednesday, 2016-Feb-17 at 1500 UTC (10:00 EST, 16:00 CEST).
      but my main Gripe with Wayland in F23 is that the Mouse Cursor will dissapear
      Last edited by Anvil; 16 February 2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abu_shawarib View Post
        Then why on earth is the version above 1.0?
        Because version numbers are basically meaningless anyway? Plus things like that are above the "here's a buffer, display it" core of Wayland. This probably builds on the work from XDG-shell, which was Wayland+desktop focus. Drag and Drop was already working fine under Gnome + Wayland on F23, so it likely just got implemented in another part of the stack before being moved down to Wayland-proper.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

So, when are they gonna fix Weston's xwayland support?

Comment

When will drawing tablets come?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Because version numbers are basically meaningless anyway? Plus things like that are above the "here's a buffer, display it" core of Wayland. This probably builds on the work from XDG-shell, which was Wayland+desktop focus. Drag and Drop was already working fine under Gnome + Wayland on F23, so it likely just got implemented in another part of the stack before being moved down to Wayland-proper.
              or maybe it is an entirely different drag and drop... maybe like dragging the whole wayland-window and dropping it on another display. just a guess. I would believe drag and drop on the desktop is handled by plasma, gnome etc. themselves... again, this is just a guess (to provoke an answer from more knowledgable people)

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                will be interesting if Wayland is used as Default in F24. , Michael, keep ya eye on Fedora Desktop list which should have the Meeting link in it.

but my main Gripe with Wayland in F23 is that the Mouse Cursor will dissapear
                The wiki page (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features) has been updated at 17 Feb, so should be accurate enough about the actual progress.
                I see a lot of 100%, but nothing in the camp of the accessibility features (even if I don't care about it, I don't know if it could be a stopper).
                There are a couple of things that are in the list but market as "wont fix", such as:
                1. Window size hints
                2. XRandR control of Wayland outputs

And other that are supposed to work already but no one checked it, such as:
                1. screensaver control

However, I don't know if they are on schedule or too late to make wayland the default for F24.

Comment

When will Nvidia include support for Wayland in their blob?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    So, when are they gonna fix Weston's xwayland support?
                    Yeah, and D-Bus support.
                    So I don't have to launch every other application prefixed with dbus-launch.
                    Or start Weston itself via dbus-launch.

Comment

Working...
                    X